Share Your Idea With Us
Do you have an innovative new idea that could make a significant difference for our community? Have you given this idea some thought? Some research? United Way of Central Oklahoma is eager to learn about your idea/project. Funds, available per project, fall in the range of $10,000 to $250,000.
- Innovative idea that would meet a genuine community need – Does not yet exist in Central Oklahoma.
- Project falls within the realm of support by United Way. United Way of Central Oklahoma supports social service, health and human service needs programs.
- Grants to Individuals
- Art/Cultural/Literary organizations
- Animal Services
- Capital Needs
- Environmental Concerns
- Agency has a plan for measurement of outcomes in the project over the grant cycle, and beyond.
- Recipient is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation as defined under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Agency is located within the service area of United Way of Central Oklahoma (Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Oklahoma counties).
- Agency has an annual audit or annual review from an independent auditor.
- Projects that include collaborative approaches are encouraged.
- Applicant must demonstrate capacity to execute the program.
- Programs should serve diverse groups in the community, be open and not restricted by residency or membership.
- Programs should show opportunity for sustainability or continuation after the grant funds are expended.
- Grant range is $10,000-$250,000. If no grants are made, funding will roll over for the next grant cycle.
- WayFinder Innovation grants are to be considered one-time funding.
- Submit the information form: June 8, 2020. You can find the information form HERE.
- Selected agencies will be given access to the formal application on June 12, 2020. Agencies will have until July 8, 2020 to submit formal applications.
- Agencies that are accepted for the review panel will be notified by July 22, 2020 and assigned a timeslot for August 11, 2020 to give a 10-15 minute “Elevator Pitch” to the grant review panel comprised of community volunteers and other funders.
- Funding awards will be announced on Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Dollars must be spent within the grant period of October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021.
- If awarded, grantee organization would be required to publicize selection as a grant winner by United Way of Central Oklahoma.
- Submit a Progress Report halfway through the grant cycle, and an End of Grant Report upon completion of the project. Awarded organizations will be invited to give a final presentation at the end of the grant cycle.
Local Nonprofit Takes 'Shark Tank' Approach to Address Health and Human Service Needs
The United Way of Central Oklahoma invites local nonprofits to submit innovative approaches to address community health and human service needs.
Seeing A Better Way Forward
Ten years ago, Gerald lost his vision. He lost his job. He had to fight through paralyzing fear to learn to navigate a world of darkness.
Meet the Maddox Family
SaNiyah’s entire life depends on her family and help from the team at Special Care.