Share Your Idea With Us
Do you have an innovative new idea that could make a significant difference for our community? Have you given this idea some thought? Some research? United Way of Central Oklahoma is eager to learn about your idea/project. Funds, available per project, fall in the range of $10,000 to $250,000.
- Innovative idea that would meet a genuine community need – Does not yet exist in Central Oklahoma.
- Project falls within the realm of support by United Way. United Way of Central Oklahoma supports social service, health and human service needs programs.
- Grants to Individuals
- Art/Cultural/Literary organizations
- Animal Services
- Capital Needs
- Environmental Concerns
- Agency has a plan for measurement of outcomes in the project over the grant cycle, and beyond.
- Recipient is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation as defined under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Agency is located within the service area of United Way of Central Oklahoma (Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Oklahoma counties).
- Agency has an annual audit or annual review from an independent auditor.
- Projects that include collaborative approaches are encouraged.
- Applicant must demonstrate capacity to execute the program.
- Programs should serve diverse groups in the community, be open and not restricted by residency or membership.
- Programs should show opportunity for sustainability or continuation after the grant funds are expended.
- Grant range is $10,000-$250,000. If no grants are made, funding will roll over for the next grant cycle.
- WayFinder Innovation grants are to be considered one-time funding.
2020 WayFinder Innovation Grant Recipients
Local Nonprofit Takes 'Shark Tank' Approach to Address Health and Human Service Needs
The United Way of Central Oklahoma invites local nonprofits to submit innovative approaches to address community health and human service needs.
United Way of Central Oklahoma Awards $159,700 in WayFinder Innovation Grants; Kicks off Annual Campaign
United Way of Central Oklahoma awarded $159,700 through the second annual WayFinder Innovation Grant program.
Meet the Maddox Family
SaNiyah’s entire life depends on her family and help from the team at Special Care.