Do you have an innovative new idea that could make a significant difference for our community? Have you given this idea some thought? Some research? United Way of Central Oklahoma is eager to learn about your idea/project. Funds, available per project, fall in the range of $10,000 to $250,000.
- Innovative idea that would meet a genuine community need – Does not yet exist in Central Oklahoma.
- Project falls within the realm of support by United Way. United Way of Central Oklahoma supports social service, health and human service needs programs.
- Agency has a plan for measurement of outcomes in the project over the grant cycle, and beyond.
- Recipient is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation as defined under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Agency is located within the service area of United Way of Central Oklahoma (Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Oklahoma counties).
- Agency has an annual audit or annual review from an independent auditor.
- Projects that include collaborative approaches are encouraged.
- Applicant must demonstrate capacity to execute the program.
- Programs should serve diverse groups in the community, be open and not restricted by residency or membership.
- Programs should show opportunity for sustainability or continuation after the grant funds are expended.
- Submit the information form: June 14th, 2019. You can find the information form HERE.
- Selected agencies will be given access to the formal application on June 21st, 2019. Agencies will have until July 31st, 2019 to submit their formal applications.
- Agencies who are accepted for the review panel will be notified by August 14th, 2019 and assigned a timeslot for August 28th, 2019 to give a 10-15 minute “ELEVATOR PITCH” to the grant review panel comprised of community volunteers and other funders.
- Funding awards will be announced on Friday, September 13th, 2019.
- Dollars must be spent within the grant period of October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
- Grant range is $10,000 - $250,000. If no grants are made, funding will roll over for the next grant cycle.
- If awarded, grantee organization would be required to publicize selection as a grant winner by United Way of Central Oklahoma.
- Submit a Progress Report halfway through the grant cycle, and an End of Grant Report upon completion of the project. Awarded organizations will be invited to give a final presentation at the end of the grant cycle.
- WayFinder Innovation grants are to be considered one-time funding.