Become a United Way of Canadian County Agency
United Way is committed to investing in local programs producing measurable results.
A United Way Partner Agency is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that has applied for United Way funding through the Community Investment Process – a donor driven review system - and is currently receiving United Way funding. Local nonprofits seeking Partner Agency status must submit an application by March 2, 2015 for consideration. Interested organizations should first meet the following minimum criteria:
- Render valid human service programs which meet a genuine community need.
- Be a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Be established and functional for a preferred minimum of two years.
- Meet the on-going criteria for membership in the United Way of Central Oklahoma as set forth in the United Way Partner Agency Memorandum of Understanding and Partner Agency Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Have an annual audit performed by a qualified and independent auditor. (In the event of annual revenues of less than $100,000, a CPA review may be substituted for the audit and a certified financial statement will be required. If the agency becomes a Partner Agency and has a year where revenues reach or exceed $100,000, the agency will then be required to have an annual audit performed.)
- Meet the criteria, as defined therein, for admission into the Combined Federal Campaign and the State Charitable Campaign.
The 2015 New Agency Application Form and other important information is available for download and review:
The 2016 New Program or Expanded Program Applications for existing Partner Agencies are also available for download and review:
For more information, please contact:
Director, United Way of Canadian County
cplemmons [at] unitedwayokc [dot] org