Become an Agency
United Way is committed to investing in local programs producing measurable results.
A United Way Partner Agency is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that has applied for United Way funding through the Community Investment Process – a donor driven review system - and is currently receiving United Way funding.
Local nonprofits seeking Partner Agency status must submit an application by February 1 for consideration. Interested organizations should first meet the following minimum criteria:
1. Render valid human service programs which meet a genuine community need.
2. Be a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
3. Be established and functional, defined as having audited financial statements under its own 501(c)(3), for a minimum of three years. Agencies will be deemed as operating under their own 501(c)(3) via providing an Employer Identification Number (EIN) number that is specific to the local agency. The EIN number cannot be from a national / parent organization. If only an EIN from a national / parent organization is available, the local agency must provide a letter from the national / parent organization dated within one year of the application that says the local agency is a bona-fide chapter or affiliate in good standing and is allowed use of the national EIN number and has been as such for a minimum of the last three years.
4. Have an annual operating budget of at minimum $250,000.
5. Have a minimum three full-time, paid staff members.
6. Meet the on-going criteria for membership in the United Way of Central Oklahoma as set forth in the United Way Partner Agency Memorandum of Understanding and Partner Agency Policies & Procedures Manual.
7. Have an annual audit performed by a qualified and independent auditor. (In the event of annual revenues for some years being less than $100,000, a CPA review may be substituted for the audit and a certified financial statement will be required.)
8. Meet the criteria, as defined therein, for admission into the Combined Federal Campaign and the Oklahoma State Charitable Campaign.
Director of Community Impact
405.523.3536 / jrobbins [at] unitedwayokc [dot] org