Early campaign results announced at United Way of Central Oklahoma Recognition Reception
United Way of Central Oklahoma on Wednesday hosted a Recognition Reception, formerly known as Early Bird Reception, to announce early fundraising results and present some special awards and recognitions.
Larry Nichols, United Way of Central Oklahoma board chair kicked-off the event and Mike Turpen and Judy Love, 2015 campaign co-chairs, emceed, presenting the awards and honors and announcing the grand total to date for the campaign: $16,291,335. Final campaign results will be announced at the Snowflake Gala on Jan. 22, 2016.
During the Recognition Reception, several Employee Campaign Coordinators were given awards for their exceptional efforts during their companies’ campaigns and a group of loaned executives representing various corporate, federal, state and City of Oklahoma City contributors were honored for their dedicated efforts toward the fundraising campaign.
The awards for employee campaign coordinators, keyworker and Rookie of the Year went to:
- Hank Hartsell who coordinated the Oklahoma State Department of Health campaign as part of the State Charitable Campaign
- Josh Ryan who coordinated the Airports Department campaign for the Heart of the City Campaign
- Jan Zubia who coordinated the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank campaign
- Macay McComas and Allison Bailey who coordinated the fundraising campaign at Devon Energy
- The Combined Federal Campaign Outstanding Keyworker award was presented to Anna Elkins, who was keyworker for the Maintenance Department at the Oklahoma City Processing Center for the United States Postal Service.
- An Outstanding Rookie of the Year award was presented to Lesley Smith who coordinated the inaugural employee campaign for Ascent Resources.
The following are the 2015 Loaned Executives who were honored for their service at the Recognition Reception. The group of individuals spent 12 weeks working on the campaign. Also listed are the companies that loaned the individuals’ services to United Way of Central Oklahoma.
- LaRee Anderson, Tinker Air Force Base
- Lizzy Booe, US Postal Service
- Tiffany Booth, City of Oklahoma City
- Michael Cantrell, US Postal Service
- Blossom Crews, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma
- Micki Daily, Federal Aviation Administration
- Helen Davis, Federal Aviation Administration
- Chuck Hughes, Tinker Air Force Base
- Lorena Martinez, INTEGRIS Health
- Andrea Mosley, Oklahoma Natural Gas, A Division of ONE Gas
- Shannon Stiger-Monahan, Bank of Oklahoma
- Benjamin Nockels, Devon Energy
- Jeremiah Perryman, OG&E Energy Corp
- Edna Pittman, Federal Aviation Administration
- Sara Rivera, Tinker Air Force Base
- Ann Stout, Arvest Bank/Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc.
- Tyler Sullivan, Sonic, America’s Drive-In
- Mary Belle Zook, American Fidelity Group
The early fundraising total is tabulated from the Heart of the City, State Charitable Campaign, Combined Federal Campaign, “Early Bird” employee campaigns and the United Way of Central Oklahoma Campaign. The results to date also included funds raised by Pacesetter Campaigns.
The fundraising campaign is still in progress and individuals and corporations are encouraged to make donations throughout December and early January.
For more information, contact Heather Warlick at (405) 523-3534 or Hwarlick [at] unitedwayokc [dot] org.