United Way of Central Oklahoma is committed to improve the health, safety, education and economic well-being of individual families in need in central Oklahoma by connecting community resources with responsive and accountable health and human services agencies.
To be the leading organization, building a stronger, healthier and more compassionate community
Our Core Values
United Way of Central Oklahoma values health, education, financial stability and quality of life. We believe these core elements are critical to our success as individuals, as families and as a community. In order to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier and more compassionate community, we are working to provide access to these essentials to all people in central Oklahoma through Five Focus Areas.
Our Five Focus Areas
- Strong Families: Individuals and families have resources to achieve financial stability as well as access to counseling, debt management, education, job training and housing.
- Successful Kids: Infants, children and youth are nurtured and given the opportunity to succeed in school, develop life skills and become productive citizens.
- Healthy Citizens: Central Oklahomans have access to physical and mental health care and adopt healthy lifestyles. Important health research is funded.
- Independent Living: Older adults and the disabled are engaged in the community with access to independent living, job skills, volunteer positions and dynamic relationships while their primary care givers receive respite and support.
- Community Preparedness: Our community is prepared to respond to individual and community emergencies.
United Way of Central Oklahoma was founded in 1923 as the “Community Chest,” running an annual campaign for social services needs known as The Community Fund campaign. Over the years, the name of the campaign and organization have changed, keeping its mission relevant to central Oklahoma by convening resources, incubating new programs and initiatives, and funding 58 United Way Partner Agencies.
Learn about United Way of Central Oklahoma’s history and successes. Download our Fact Sheet.
United Way of Central Oklahoma works to maintain the utmost integrity in transparancy, accountability and accuracy in our financial records and reporting. Here you will find UWCO's Annual Report and 2015 Audited Financial Statement.
We happily provide documentation to donors for tax purposes who contribute at least $250 in a single payment of cash, check, credit card or stock gifts. Should you donate less than $250, you may request a tax receipt by emailing info [at] unitedwayokc [dot] org.
Please call (405) 236-8441 with any questions.